ClearEdge™ Educational Roadmap
Everyone comes to ClearEdge trading from different levels of experience, background, and maturity. Some parts of the educational roadmap may be shorter than others.
- Learning to operate your charting platform software
- Learning to read the ClearEdge indicators
- Learning to markup charts for consistent learning
- Creating screenshots and uploading to your student account
- Mark-up of historical charts
- Learning to evaluate consistency (B20™ TradesBank worksheets)
- Learning to use a Trade Simulator
- Transitioning to Trading A Live Account
- Trading more than one market
- Effective Money Management
Basic Agreements for Users of ClearEdge™ Software
- Agreement #1 : You will not trade a live funded account during the learning process period. It has been shown those who attempt to trade a live funded account during the learning process greatly diminish their ability to make progress and will likely deepen or develop risk aversion thus creating inconsistent results.
- Agreement #2 : That you will abide by the record keeping, and chart markup guidelines for tracking your trading progress using the ClearEdge™ B20™ TradesBank worksheets during the learning process.
- Agreement #3 : You will trade (simulation trading only) one market during the educational period. For training we use the e-mini S&P 500, or the e-mini Russell 2000 Index futures contracts. Only one market can be used during the entire training period. Why Futures contracts? Because they offer the volatility necessary to create numerous viable training opportunities during the learning process. ClearEdge™ tools can be used effectively on most any market where there is sufficient volume, or open interest.
- Agreement #4 : During the learning period, you must pro-actively request help if for any reason you do not understand something or need extra attention. If necessary, a private one-on-one coaching session may be scheduled to clear up misunderstood material.
Minimum Educational Goals and Objectives
- Objective #1 : When you have achieved a minimum of 4 ticks average return per trade, on a 1 contract per trade basis for a block of 20 consecutive trades, ClearEdge Trading shall be released from any refund liability. You shall receive written notice of this release. Many have achieved greater than 1 point (10 ticks) average per trade, on 1 contract per trade basis, over a block of 20 consecutive trades.
- Objective #2 : The trader shall learn how to consistently control the size of losses which is the most crucial statistic for any trader.
- Objective #3 : The trader shall simulate a total of 200 trades (10 blocks of 20 consecutive trades) and upload these trades, complete with markup, to their student account for review with your mentor.